2020 Fall RecFIN Technical Committee Meeting Webinar
The RecFIN Technical Committee held its Fall meeting via webinar on October 7th. This meeting provides RecFIN the opportunity to meet with its partner agencies to discuss recent and ongoing RecFIN projects and future directions for the program. Representatives from the California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW), Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife (ODFW), Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW), NOAA Fisheries, Pacific Fisheries Management Council (PFMC), and the Sportfishing Association of California (SAC) were on hand to present information on RecFIN-related projects and receive updates from RecFIN staff on new database developments and upcoming objectives. RecFIN topics discussed during the meeting included:
- MRIP State Survey Certification
- MRIP Survey and Data Standards
- Modern Fish Act Funds and Outcome Metrics
- Modernizing Recreational Fisheries Management Act Updates
- State/Federal/RecFIN Response to COVID-19
- Specifications and Allocations (SPEX) Database for West Coast Groundfish Fishery
- Interstate Waters Fishing Estimation Methodology
The next RecFIN Technical Committee meeting is scheduled to be held on April 21st , 2021.
For more information please contact Jason Edwards.